Apple Pie in a Jar
sizes: jar, 7" tall; card, 7"x5"
Apple Pie in a Jar
- Recycled or purchased wide-mouth quart jar
- Cardstock: kraft, white
- Coordinating ribbon
- Decorative ribbon trim, 12” length
- Jute twine
- Cornish Heritage Farms Rubber Stamps: All Things Fall, Primitive Beginnings, Canvas Backgrounder, Winter Vintage Signage
- Ranger Adirondack Ink: Espresso, Hazelnut, Red Pepper
- Imagine Crafts Tsukineko Versamarker
- Gold embossing powder
- .Too Marker Corp. COPIC Markers
- White gel pen
- Circle template
- Heat embossing tool
- Adhesives: Ranger Inkssentials Glossy Accents, double-sided tape, foam tape
Pattern - Recipe
- 1. Use Hazelnut ink to stamp "Homemade" and Espresso to stamp "Country Charm" on kraft cardstock as shown; trim to 1-1/4"x2-1/2" rectangle.
- 2. Apply Versamarker ink to edges; sprinkle with gold embossing powder and heat emboss.
- 3. Use Red Pepper ink to stamp apple on white cardstock. Color apple with white marker, and seeds and stem with brown marker; cover with Glossy Accents. Set aside to dry.
- 4. Use Hazelnut ink to stamp canvas background onto kraft cardstock; trim and adhere to fit jar lid.
- 5. Adhere apple to lower right corner of "Country Charm" label and tape to decorative ribbon. Apply tape along both long edges of decorative ribbon and adhere to jar.
- 1. Make 7"x5" top-fold card from kraft cardstock. Set aside.
- 2. Use Hazelnut ink to stamp canvas background and Espresso ink to stamp "Certified Homemade" on 4"x2" kraft cardstock rectangle.
- 3. Use Hazelnut ink to stamp apple basket on white cardstock; trim to 2"x2". Color apple basket with markers and highlight with gel pen. Trim around image.
- 4. Use foam tape to adhere apple basket to right edge of canvas layer, letting basket hang off edge.
- 5. Wrap jute twine around left side of canvas panel three times and tie into knot at top. Adhere panel to card.
- 1. Customize this jar label and card using stamps in your own collection.