Cardstock: white; black; All Dressed Up Stack (Die Cuts With a View).
Inkssentials™ White Gloss Paper (Ranger®).
Turquoise spiral coil (Bonnie’s Best Art Tools).
By the Sea stamp set (Oxford Impressions).
Ink pads*: Adirondack® Pitch Black pigment; Archival™ Jet Black.
Tim Holtz™ Distress Inks™ pads*: Antique Linen; Worn Lipstick; Scattered Straw; Mustard Seed; Peeled Paint; Broken China; Black Soot.
Super Fine Detail™ Black embossing powder*.
Adirondack® Pitch Black Acrylic Paint Dabber*.
Tim Holtz™ Distress™ Crackle Paint™*: Broken China; Faded Jeans; Pine Needles.
Tim Holtz™ Spiced Marmalade Distress™ Stickles glitter glue*.
Inkssentials™ Heatit Craft Tool*.
Inkssentials™ Cut ’n Dry line*: Foam Pad; Nibs.
Inkssentials™ Glossy Accents*.
Rubi-Coil (Akiles) or hole punch.
*Products by Ranger®.
By the Sea Journal
1. Cut paper as follows: 2-1/2"x4-1/2" gloss paper; 2-5/8"x4-5/8" black cardstock; four 4-15/16"x8" coordinating patterned cardstock panels; two 5-1/16"x8-1/8" cardboard panels; twenty 5"x8" white cardstock journal pages.
2. Stamp Jet Black Archival™ woman with parasol and other images onto gloss paper panel; use photo as guide. Heat set ink with craft tool.
3. Apply Antique Linen over entire surface with foam pad; highlight additional areas with nibs as follows: skin Worn Lipstick; parasol Worn Lipstick over Mustard Seed and Scattered Straw; towel Mustard Seed and Scattered Straw; background Broken China and Peeled Paint.
4. Stamp Jet Black seahorse, shells and ticket on gloss paper scraps; heat set ink. Apply Antique Linen over entire surface with foam pad; apply Broken China and Peeled Paint with nibs to highlight images. Cut out images.
5. Stamp "By the Sea" on a 3/4"x3-1/2" transparency piece using Pitch Black ink. Carefully heat emboss ink with black detail powder.
6. Paint cardboard edges Pitch Black using paint dabber. Cut 1" slit at left edge of black stripe on front cover card stock panel and carefully slide right end of sentiment transparency inside.
7. Adhere patterned papers to inside and outside of both covers; refer to photos as guides. Punch holes in covers and journal pages. Stack journal pages between covers and thread spiral through holes; cut excess with wire cutters and twist ends under coil.
8. Adhere stamped woman and black cardstock panel to front cover. Attach seahorse, shells and ticket with Glossy Accents™, tucking left end of sentiment transparency under images.
Vintage Beach Memories Box
1. Sand visible surfaces and paint with black paint dabber; let dry. Apply crackle paints to cover black paint; let dry. Apply Black Soot Distress Ink™ over dry crackle paint with foam pad; carefully heat with craft tool.
2. Apply Spiced Marmalade glitter glue over crackled surface with finger; let dry.
3. Cut 4"x6" gloss paper and stamp with Jet Black photo image, masking as needed. To mask, stamp image on a scrap piece of paper and cut out slightly inside stamped image; adhere over image to be masked using repositionable adhesive. Heat set ink with craft tool.
4. Repeat Journal Step 3 for box insert, using photo as color guide; skin Worn Lipstick, deck chairs Worn Lipstick over Mustard Seed, and sea and backgrounds Broken China and Peeled Paint.
5. Repeat Journal Step 4, omitting ticket image.
6. Stamp Jet Black sentiment on white cardstock and cut out. Apply Broken China over entire surface with foam pad; edge with Black Soot.
7. Adhere stamped photo image collage inside lid. Attach seahorse, shells and sentiment strips to lid with Glossy Accents™.