size: 15" tall
- Wooden spools, 9” tall, two
- Wooden shapes, two: birds, 4”; teardrops (wings), 2” long
- Dowel, 1/8”
- Patterned papers: brown/white damask; white script
- Crystal chandelier drops, six
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam Balls*, 5”, two
- Silk geranium floral stems with leaves
- Flat back crystals (eyes), 4mm, two
- Sequin pins
- Gold eye screws, 1/2”, six
- Americana Acrylic Paint (DecoArt): Traditional Burnt Umber
- Foam paintbrush
- Sanding block
- Drill and 1/16” drill bit
- Adhesives (Beacon Adhesives): Zip Dry Paper Glue; Gem-Tac Permanent Adhesive
- Liquid Laminate (Beacon Adhesives)
- *STYROFOAM is a registered trademark of The Dow Chemical Co.
- 1. Cut dowel to 6" long. Paint spool, wooden shapes and dowel Traditional Burnt Umber. When spool is dry, lightly sand to distress. Cut patterned paper to fit around center of spool, making sure length wraps all the way around. Use foam brush and laminate to adhere paper to spool. Smooth air bubbles with fingers. Glue teardrop to wrong side of patterned paper. Let dry, cut out and sand edges even. Glue wing and eye to bird, and dowel to back of bird. Let dry.
- 2. Use knife to cut small piece of ball off for flat surface. Cut petals and leaves from stems. Use sequin pins to attach petals to balls until it is completely covered and no STYROFOAM shows through. Do not glue leaves to bottom of ball. Insert bird dowel into top of ball. (Note: Opposite side is flat.) Remove dowel and apply small amount of glue to end, then reinsert into ball and let dry. Set aside.
- 3. Drill six holes under top of spool. Screw in eye screws. Hang chandelier drops from eye screws. Glue leaves to top of spool, slightly overlapping. Glue flat side of ball to top center of spool.