Pattern - ATCS - Beyond Trading: Black Paper Lantern
- ATCs - General
- 1. Cut 2-1/2"x3-1/2" gold cardstock mat for each ATC. Trim 1/16" from length and width of glossy ATCs. Read specific card instructions before proceeding.
- 2. To create the moon background, cut a 2-1/2"x3-1/2" mask from printer paper. Punch circle near center top. Place mask over gloss ATC and use foam pad to apply Sunshine Yellow and Terra Cotta inks in circular motion, creating moon.
- 3. Remove large mask and place circle mask over moon. Apply Purple Twilight and Stonewashed inks over remaining areas of ATC, avoiding any previously stamped images.
- 4. Stamp all images with Jet Black Archival ink. Color images with assorted dye inks, using photos as a guide. Use foam pad to apply color in larger areas; use foam nibs for detailed areas.
- 5. For skin, apply Antique Linen Distress Ink over skin with nib; blend in Tattered Rose. Highlight cheeks with Worn Lipstick.
- 6. Stamp dimensional elements onto gloss ATC scraps; color images. Detail cut images, ink edges Black Soot, and adhere to main ATC with foam dots. Color foam dot edges with Pitch Black pen if desired. Mat ATC on gold paper cut in Step 1.
- Trick or Treat
- 1. Stamp child image onto ATC. Mask girl and create background. Stamp web and sentiment; remove mask. Color image. Stamp and color dimensional basket.
trick or treat
- 1. Stamp pumpkin and candy onto ATC. Create background, avoiding stamped area; remove mask. Stamp sentiment over moon. Color image. Stamp and color dimensional owl.
- 1. Stamp child image onto ATC. Mask girl and create background. Stamp sentiment and remaining images; remove mask. Use nibs to blend colors onto headstone and child. Stamp and color dimensional hat and pumpkin.
- Black Magic
- 1. Stamp skeleton onto ATC. Mask skeleton and create background. Stamp sentiment and fence; remove mask. Stamp and color dimensional cat.
- 1. Stamp sentiment, tree, and bat onto prepared moon background ATC. Stamp and color dimensional images.
- 1. Print out patterns. Cut patterns from black cardstock as follows: two Lantern Sides and two Lantern Core; two large and four small hexagons for Lantern Base/Top; four Core Base/Top. Score and crease dashed fold lines in both directions.
- 2. Adhere Lantern Core pieces together along side tab to create one long strip. Repeat for Lantern Sides pieces. Attach ATCs to Lantern Core panels.
- 3. Fold and assemble Lantern Core. Fold top and bottom tabs down and apply adhesive to underside of each tab. Carefully insert two squares inside core; press one to underside of upper tabs and one to top of lower tabs. Adhere remaining squares over tabs at top and bottom; adhere side tab inside core.
- 4. Repeat Step 3 using Lantern Sides and Lantern Base/Top pieces. Assemble "floor" first, then adhere ATC structure inside lantern, then adhere roof.
- 5. For optional handle, cut 3/4"x11" black cardstock strip. Fold ends under 3/4" and adhere to top of lantern. Add orange gems.