Pop's Corn Tub
size: 6" tall
Pop's Corn Tub
- Recycled cereal box
- Red/white polka dot print paper
- Cardstock or construction paper: white, red
- Wooden shapes: 2" square tag, alphabet letters: P, O, P
- Black cording or string, 18" length
- Black alphabet stickers
- White paper shred
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Snow White, Lamp Black
- Marvy Uchida Circle Punch, 2"
- Aleene's Paper Glaze
- scissors, ruler, black marker, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Measure and cut top from cereal box, so bottom section (for tub) measures 6" tall.
- 2. On covered work surface, paint tub and wooden tag Snow White. Paint "POP" wooden letters Lamp Black. Let dry.
- 3. Measure and cut 12 1"x5-1/2" red paper strips. Glue strips, about 2" apart, along sides of tub. Glue POP on side of tub.
- 4. Use black stickers to spell "you're the best" on wooden tag. Use black marker to outline tag. Measure and cut 18" length of black cording. Adjust length as needed. Insert cording through tag hole; tie cording around top of tub. Knot ends.
- 5. For popcorn packages, measure and cut 5"x9" polka dot print rectangles. Wrap rectangles around popcorn packages; glue ends together.
- 6. Use circle punch to punch two white paper circles. Use black stickers to spell "fun" and "fresh" or words of your choice on white circles. Use black marker to outline circles. Glue circles on center of popcorn packages.
- 7. Insert white paper shred in popcorn tub. Add popcorn packages, chocolates or other treats, and a favorite movie for Dad!
- 1. If a circle paper punch is not available, have kids trace around a 2"-diameter shape like a silver dollar, bottom of a skinny glass, or cookie cutter.