Lucky Irish Hat
- Paper plate, 9"
- Recycled plastic container, 3"x5"
- Black felt, 1"x20"
- Craft foam: 2" yellow square, 1" black square
- Fibre-Craft Green Shamrocks, six 1-1/2"
- Elastic, 16" length
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint: Kelly Green
- Hole punch, 1/16"
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
- scissors, ruler, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Wash and dry plastic container. On covered work surface, paint container (hat top) Kelly Green. Let dry.
- 2. Trace hat top on center of paper plate. Cut out shape (hat brim). Paint hat brim Kelly Green. Let dry.
- 3. Use hole punch to punch holes on opposite sides of hat top. Measure and cut 16" elastic length (adjust size as needed). Insert elastic ends in holes; knot ends on inside. Measure and cut 1"x20" black felt strip. Glue strip around inside of hat top (covering elastic knots).
- 4. Glue hat brim onto hat top. Let dry. For buckle, measure and cut 2" yellow craft foam square and 1" black craft foam square. Glue black square on yellow square. Glue buckle on center of hat.
- 5. Glue shamrocks, evenly spaced, on hat. Let dry.