Good Luck School Supplies Bag
Wish them well on their first day of school with a bag of new supplies and a special candy treat.
- Cardstock: white, lime green polka-dot, coordinating stripe
- Stampin’ Up! Medium cellophane bag
- School supplies of choice
- Yellow rickrack
- Colored crinkle shred filler
- White brads, two
- Stamps: wagon, grass, "Good Luck" sentiment
- Clearsnap ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink: Yellow Ochre; Orchid Pastel; Lime Pastel; Charcoal; White pigment
- Stampin’ Up! Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Write Marker
- Uchida Marvy punches: oval; Mega Clever Lever Scalloped Oval
- Beacon Adhesives Zip Dry Paper Glue
- scissors, scoring tool, stapler
- 1. Fill bag with school supplies and filler; staple top closed.
- 2. For bag topper, cut 4"x6" piece from green polka-dot cardstock; score and fold in half. With fold at top, adhere cardstock flap to bag top; insert brads at bottom corners to secure through all layers. Wrap rickrack around bag topper center; tie knot at left side.
- 3. Use Yellow Ochre ink to stamp wagon on white cardstock. Use marker to color in image. Use Lime Pastel ink to stamp grass below wagon. Use Charcoal ink to stamp "GOOD LUCK" above wagon. Punch oval around images. Ink oval edges Orchid Pastel.
- 4. Punch scalloped oval from striped paper; adhere stamped oval to center, then to right side of bag topper.
- 1. Hand write the recipient's name on the tag for extra personalization.
- 2. Make your own filler by running cardstock through a crimper and then a paper shredder.
- 3. Add to the bag some peppermint candy, which is supposed to stimulate and increase brain function.