Fall Gold Card
This autumn mixed media card is highlighted with Premo! Sculpey maple leaves you create yourself. Create just the embellishment you want in any color imaginable!
Fall Gold Card
- Polyform Premo! Sculpey Clay: Purple, 18k Gold
- Paper: Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden Collection Paper Pad, DCWV Ciao Bella Stack
- Jillibean Soup Corrugated Shapes
- Prima Softees Collection Bonnet Flowers
- Horizon Group Industrial Chic Charms by Susan Lenart Kazmer (#MKP24088-123)
- Polyform Tools: Sculpey Clay Conditioning Machine or Acrylic Roller, Sculpey Clay Tool Starter Set, Premo! Mini Metal Cutters Nature
- Oven and parchment-lined baking sheet
- Inkadinkado Autumn Foliage Clear Stamps
- Tsukineko Ink Pads: Brilliance Dew Drops Pearlescent Crimson, Pearlescent Rust; VersaMagic Hint of Pesto
- Jacquard Products PearlEx Gold Powder Pigment
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, liquid glue
- paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, waxed paper, sponge dauber
- 1. Size is 5"x7"
- 1. Wash hands. Cover work surface with waxed paper; do not use unbaked clay on unprotected furniture or finished surfaces. Preheat oven to 275°F; test temperature with oven thermometer for perfectly cured clay. Do not use microwave oven.
- 2. Knead each package of clay until soft and smooth, washing hands between colors, or follow manufacturer's instructions to use Clay Conditioning Machine. Run clay through machine several times on widest setting; fold clay in half after each pass and insert folded edge into rollers first.
- 3. When clay is pliable, mix small amounts Purple and 18K Gold clay. Run clay through Clay Conditioning Machine on #1 setting to create sheet. Cut six maple leaves from clay; use needle tool from Starter Set to make vein lines. See Photo 1.
- 4. Place leaves on parchment-lined baking sheet. Use finger to edge leaves with gold pigment powder.
- 5. Bake clay shapes as directed; let cool completely.
- 6. Choose three Butterfly Garden paper sheets. From first sheet, make 5"x7" side-fold card; sponge edges Hint of Pesto.
- 7. Using Pearlescent Rust ink, stamp sentiment onto second sheet of paper. Tear stamped area from sheet; sponge edges Pearlescent Rust.
- 8. Determine sentiment placement but do not adhere paper. Press Pearlescent Crimson ink pad onto card once so ink will be partially visible behind sentiment. Adhere sentiment to card.
- 9. Tear thin strip from third sheet of paper. Tear wider strip from Ciao Bella purple paper. Trim both strips to 7" long and sponge edges Pearlescent Crimson. Adhere strips to card.
- 10. Use liquid glue to adhere corrugated shape, flower, and charm to card; let dry.
- 11. Use liquid glue to adhere clay leaves to card; let dry