The Vintage Workshop Halloween images, sized 1-1/4”x1-1/2”
Black chenille stem
Halloween paper punch in design of choice
Embroidery needle and cream thread
Acrylic paints: black, cream
Ranger Stickles Platinum Color Glitter
Adhesives: Beacon Adhesives Zip Dry Paper Glue; hot glue gun and sticks
scissors, ruler, pencil, hot glue gun, flat paintbrush, newspaper
1. On covered work surface, paint peat pot black or cream. Let dry. Paint top edge of peat pot contrasting color. Let dry.
2. Cut 1" strip from dictionary paper. Adhere strip around pot using Zip Dry glue.
3. Glue Halloween image to black cardstock and cut out with 1/8" border using decorative-edge scissors. Adhere image to front of pot using Zip Dry glue.
4. Insert cupcake liner into pot and adhere using Zip Dry glue. Paint top of cupcake liner with black paint. Let dry.
5. Cut chenille stem to 8" length. Hot glue each end to inside of pot.
6. Apply Platinum Color Stickles to edges around top of pot and image.
7. For variation, completely cover pot with dictionary papers. Use pencil eraser dipped into black acrylic to create dots. Cut cupcake liner outside edge to 3/4". Gather edge with needle and button thread; pull gathers, creating rosette. Hot glue rosette to center of pot. Punch decorative Halloween design and adhere to center of rosette. Apply Platinum Color Stickles around edges of rosette and punched design.