This idea was originally published in our 2016 Winter issue. Subscribe today and save off newsstand prices! You’ll get ALL the projects delivered to you in six jam-packed issues per year.
1. Use ruler and pencil to measure and divide one foam block into three 12” squares. Use serrated knife on cutting mat or newspapers to cut block along lines. Leave other block in tact.
2. On long foam block, use ruler and pencil to measure and mark 2” in from both short ends and draw a line. Similarly, mark 2” in from one end on each of the three 12” squares and draw lines. Paint 2” bands on front (and edges) of each foam piece black and let dry.
3. Paint rest of long foam block and one 12” square yellow. Paint second foam block square red. Paint third foam block blue. Let dry.
4. Paint fronts and edges of four jumbo buttons in each color: yellow, red, blue and white. Let dry. Adhere push pins to backs of buttons.
5. To make hanger loop from paper clip, slightly separate curved ends of paper clip. Insert shorter, rounded end of paper clip into center back of the long foam block about 2½” down from top to create hanger loop with longer end of paper clip. If you want to run the long foam block horizontally, turn foam sideways. Measure 10” from each end and 2½” down from top and insert paper clips. Repeat to insert paper clips in 12” squares, positioning the black stripes as desired.
6. Arrange on wall as desired and use push pins to hold photos.