This idea was originally published in our 2016 Fall issue. Subscribe today and save off newsstand prices! You’ll get ALL the projects delivered to you in six jam-packed issues per year.
1. Basecoat drawers and surrounding box with Gesso Primer. Paint drawers inside and out.
2. Paint one drawer box set Wedding Cake, one Slate Gray, one Chestnut Brown, one Vanilla Bean and one Beetle Black.
3. Attach knobs with adhesive. For knobs that require screws, measure front of drawer to find center, drill hole and then screw on knob.
4. Paint layer of Mod Podge Gloss onto drawer front. Cut and place lace as stencil on front of drawer, paint another layer of Mod Podge over lace to help keep lace in place and prevent paint seepage. Let dry completely.
5. Dab Pure Platinum paint through lace with paintbrush; let dry. Peel lace up. Don’t worry about left over Mod Podge under lace, as it will dry clear.
6. Line drawers with scrapbook paper and glue dots.
7. To assemble, stack painted drawer boxes on top of each other, offsetting each one from box below it. Adhere drawer boxes together.
8. Adhere large silver bead to four bottom corners of box to act as bun feet.
To see a video showing how to paint through lace, click here.