This idea was originally published in our 2016 Fall issue. Subscribe today and save off newsstand prices! You’ll get ALL the projects delivered to you in six jam-packed issues per year.
1. Paint one long side, two ends and inside of divided box Black Tie with ¾” flat. Paint remaining long side with Black Chalkboard Paint, applying one coat horizontally and one coat vertically.
2. Use handsaw to cut six craft sticks 3” long. Use sandpaper to smooth out one end and to make a point on other end to form crayon shape.
3. Paint craft stick crayons with #8 round in each of the following colors: Lipstick, Pumpkin Patch, School Bus, Leprechaun, True Blue and Iris.
4. Print full-size patterns here. Trace and transfer crayon pattern and paint details Black Tie with liner brush. Paint color names onto crayon using Cotton Ball with liner brush. Let dry.
5. Trace and transfer girl and boy pattern as shown and paint Cotton Ball with liner brush; let dry. Adhere crayons in place with E6000.
6. Paint four wooden balls Cotton Ball with ¾” flat. Adhere in place with E6000.