Winterize Silk Blossoms with Snow & Frost Crystals
Give a simple glass container a chic makeover with Modern Metals finishes from Design Master.
- Rectangular clear glass vase
- Loose opalescent micro-glitter
- Crystal flakes
- Silk flowers: white ranunculus, white stock, juniper foliage, laurel foliage
- FloraCraft Make It: Fun STYROFOAM Brand Foam Block, size to fit vase
- Design Master Sprays: Modern Metals Champagne Silver (234), ColorTEX Flurry (123)
- Design Master Glue for Glitter
- Wire cutters
- Painter’s masking tape, 1-1/2”
- 1. Read and follow manufacturer's directions on individual products.
- Silk Blossoms
- 1. Apply band of masking tape around vase, 1-1/2" to 2" down from lip.
- 2. Turn vase upside down inside large cardboard box or on protected surface. Holding paint 12" from surface, spray outside of vase with two to three light coats Champagne Silver, Let dry between coats. When dry, remove tape to reveal glass.
- 3. Cut narrow piece of foam to snuggly fit low into vase. This will provide secure base for flower stems.
- 4. Apply Flurry in short burst to select stock blossoms. It is not necessary to spray whole flower. Sprinkle Flurry sections with micro-glitter. Let blossoms dry eight hours.
- 5. On selected ranunculus blooms, laurel foliage and pinecones, spray Glue for Glitter, then sprinkle with crystal flakes. Let dry.
- 6. Arrange blossoms and foliage, inserting stems into foam for secure placement.
- 1. For a more dramatic presentation, repeat technique on coordinating candleholders and additional vases or jars in various sizes - a great look to tie mismatched glassware together!