Acrylic paints: red, dark green, medium green, light green
Circle punches: 1/4”, 5/16”
vinegar, craft stick, paper towel, newspaper or kraft paper, disposable cups, scissors, latex or nitrile gloves
1. Cover work area with newspaper or kraft paper. Remove hanging cover from each ornament. Rinse with vinegar and let dry.
2. Squeeze tablespoon of paint into ornament opening. Place thumb over opening with gloved hand and shake to disperse paint.
3. Once inside of ornament is fully coated, place upside-down into disposable cup to drain excess paint. let dry.
4. Repeat Steps 2 and 3 with additional ornaments. Dry overnight. Remove any excess paint and wipe clean.
5. Cut strips from foil to desired width. Peel backing off foil strip and apply around ornament until preferred look is achieved. Use craft stick to burnish foil to ornament. Repeat with more strips of foil, creating random angles.
6. Punch circles using 1/4" and 5/16" hole punch from copper foil. Apply randomly around ornament. Once dots are applied, burnish with craft stick. Mix circles and strips of foil to create different patterns.
7. Apply foil over top and sides of ornament toppers and burnish to create copper hanging cover. Cut 5" of copper wire with wire cutters for ornament hook. Shape wire into an "S" and curl ends to make loops using round nose pliers. Place ornament hook into topper and curl ends closed.
1. Have fun with the shapes and lengths of copper foil. Leave gaps in the lines of foil to show more of the paint color.