Colorful Mason Jars in an Instant
Add bright, sheer TintIT.™ color to Mason jars to create beautiful tablescapes or home accents.
- Clean, dry glass jars
- Medium-gauge craft wire
- Design Master TintIT Sprays: Jade 535, Chartreuse 534, Sunflower 533 (or choice of colors)
- Design Master Clear Finish Matte
- Wire cutters
- Needle-nose pliers
- Power drill (for hangers)
- Vise grip (optional)
- 1. Place jar inside large cardboard box.
- 2. Apply choice of TintIT color in even, parallel strokes to exterior of jar. Spray two light coats; let dry between coats.
- 3. Apply two light coats Clear Finish Matte in same manner to add durability and protection.
- 4. Note: For complete step-by-step photo tutorial, including how to fashion hangers, please visit http://dmcolor.com/colorful-mason-jars-in-an-instant/.
- 5. To create metal hangers, cut piece of wire 1.5 times diameter of jar lip. Using needle-nose pliers, create loop at one end of wire. Place wire around jar to locate halfway point, then fashion second loop. Bend straight wire end at 90° angle at point to snuggly fit over wire at looped end.
- 6. Slip end of wire over looped wire end to secure in place. Snip excess wire.
- 7. Cut two wire lengths of 20" or desired length. Holding wires together, insert one end into drill and lock in place. Have someone hold opposite end or insert into vise grip.
- 8. Turn on drill to rotate wires into thicker twisted wire.
- 9. Insert one end of twisted wire into loop of wire collar created in Steps 5 and 6. Bend wire to secure loop. Massage wire into "U" shape and insert loose end into other loop. Cut wire to desired length; bend to secure in place.
- 10. Use damp cloth to clean exterior of sprayed jar. Do not put into dishwasher or allow to soak in water.
- 1. Sheer color of TintIT will intensify or deepen with each additional coat applies. You choose its color value (how light or dark you want it to be).