Monogram Painted Canvas
- Framed canvas, 5"x7"x1-1/2"
- Flat canvas, 5"x7"
- Plastic storage tube
- Silver beaded string
- Stencils: DecoArt Americana Classic Jacobean Floral, alphabet letters of choice
- Testors Aztek Airbrush System with Airbrushable Acrylic Paints: Opaque Red, Opaque Green, Opaque White, Opaque Yellow, Transparent Mocha
- Rhinestone setter or tweezers
- Electric drill with 3/4” bit
- Adhesives: Eclectic Products E6000 Industrial Strength Adhesive, glue gun with sticks, repositionable spray adhesive
- masking tape, ruler, small thread spool
- 1. Stand framed canvas in horizontal position with open side to back. Drill 2-1/8" deep hole through canvas and into frame. Adhere thread spool inside canvas beneath drilled hole using hot glue to create base for plastic tube. Tube should extend at least 1" above top of canvas through drilled hole.
- 2. Adhere flat canvas to open side of framed canvas using E6000. Align all edges and set weighted object on canvases. Let dry.
- 3. Mix Opaque White and Opaque Green paints to achieve light shade. Add touch of Opaque Red to create sage color. Following manufacturer's instructions, airbrush all sides of canvas.
- 4. Spray back of floral stencil with adhesive. Position stencil on canvas panel at angle, leaving space at bottom right for name. Cover any stencil portions not being painted with masking tape. Mix Transparent Mocha with small amount of Opaque White and small amount of Opaque Yellow to create sandalwood color; airbrush design on both panels of box.
- 5. Position stencil on canvas panel as in Step 4, but shift slightly left. Mix Opaque White with small amount of Transparent Mocha and small amount of Opaque Yellow to create cream color; airbrush design. Repeat for other box panel.
- 6. After adhering alphabet stencils on panel with spray, airbrush name on front of canvas using cream paint.
- 7. Adhere rhinestone accents to canvas using glue gun.
- 8. Insert plastic tube into drilled hole at top of canvas box. Using tube as guide, adhere single layer of silver bead string around hole, but not to tube, using glue gun. Add other row directly to canvas if necessary to hide ragged drilled canvas edge. When flaws are covered, adhere second layer of beads on top of first. Wrap three times; adhere using glue gun.
- 9. Add water and flowers to tube.