Testors Aztek Airbrush System and Airbrushable Opaque Acrylic Paints: White, Green, Red, Orange; Metallic Copper
Leaf stencils of choice
Adhesives: Scotch Spray Mount Repositionable Adhesive, glue gun and sticks
scissors, measuring tape or ruler, iron and pressing surface, painter's tape, paper towels, cardboard scrap, scrap paper or newspaper, mixing stick or spoon
1. Cut three 32" lengths of burlap ribbon; press.
2. On protected work surface, spray adhesive onto back of leaf stencils. Position burlap strip on work surface; position first stencil 8-1/2" from top edge and another stencil 8-1/2" from bottom edge.
3. Using three Aztek paint cups, mix small amount Green with Red, small amount Red wiht Green, and small amount Green with Metallic Copper. Fill three additional paint cups separately with Metallic Copper, Orange, and White.
4. Attach paint cup to airbrush gun. Position scrap paper or newspaper around stencil to prevent overspray onto fabric. Stencil leaves in colors of choice. Between each color change, let paint set.
5. Repeat process to stencil leaves on remaining two burlap strips.
6. Cut two 11"-long cardboard tubes. Slightly flatten tubes into oval shapes. Set one tube aside. For bottom tube/weight, adhere paper towel and burlap ribbon scrap over one end of tube using glue gun. Fill tube with birdseed. Adhere paper towel and burlap ribbon over remaining end using glue gun.
7. Position burlap strips on work surface using painter's tape to secure. Wrap bottoms of strips over weighted tube; adhere edges. Repeat to adhere top of strips to other empty tube.
8. Cut 32" length of cording. Tie cording ends about 3" from each tube end. Knot ends together creating hanger.
9. Adhere greenery to center of hanger using glue gun. Wrap raffia around 6"-wide cardboard scrap; remove raffia and wrap center with scrap creating bow. Adhere bow to top of hanger using glue gun.
10. Adhere greenery to center of hanger using glue gun. Wrap raffia around 6"-wide cardboard scrap; remove raffia and wrap center with scrap creating bow. Adhere bow to top of hanger using glue gun.