Stacked Stencil Trio
Stacked Stencil Trio
- Bear With Us: Medium Stocking Ornament; Large Candy Cane Cutout; Tahoe Snowflake, 4”
- Loew -Cornell Paintbrushes: Series 798 White Nylon Flat Glaze 1”; Series 225 Fabric Stencil 1/4”, two; La Corneille Golden Taklon Series 7050 Script Liner 18/0
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Snow White, Primary Red; DuraFinish Varnish
- Creative Arts Lifestyle Stencils: Candy Land, Up on the Rooftop, Swirly Snowflake
- The Creative Coach Holly & Vines Stencil
- Yellow strengthening mesh for walls, three, 4”x4”
- Krylon Easy-Tack Repositionable Adhesive
- Adhesive remover
- cotton swabs, stylus, palette paper, sandpaper, microfiber cloth, paper towels
- 1. Lightly sand ornaments and wipe with damp cloth.
- 2. Basecoat both sides of each ornament with (1:1) mixture of Snow White + water-based sealer. Apply additional coats of Snow White or Primary Red for full coverage. When dry, lightly sand and wipe with cloth.
- 3. Spray light mist of repositionable adhesive on backsides of stencils and yellow mesh. Set aside for one minute to let adhesive set. Gently blot with paper towel to remove any excess adhesive.
- 4. Position yellow mesh with adhesive side down over ornament so it lays flat against wood. Position open area of stencil design over ornament and yellow mesh. Press around edges so stencil sticks to yellow mesh.
- 5. Pour Snow White (or Primary Red if background is white) onto palette and gently swirl with fabric stencil to work paint into brush. Apply paint to open area of stencil with patting motion, making sure paint does not seep under stencil. Let dry. Apply another coat of paint to make color brighter.
- 6. Continue using other parts of stencil to experiment and add layers of designs (especially on the snowflake ornament).
- 7. Lift stencil and carefully peel off yellow mesh. If there is any residual stencil adhesive, remove with cotton swab dipped in adhesive remover.
- 8. Tap uneven lines around edges of ornaments using liner loaded with thinned stencil color. Let dry.
- 9. Load even mix of stencil color + water onto flat. Holding brush in one hand over ornaments, use pencil with other hand to tap brush handle adding flyspeck splatter details. Let dry. Apply light mists of sealer.