Pattern - Orange Maple Leaf Frames
Pattern - Yellow Maple Leaf Frame
- 1. If cutting frames, print and cut out patterns; cut frames from wood. Sand and wipe dust.
- 2. Basecoat each leaf with mix of equal parts sealer with basecoat color. Basecoat: large leaf Antique Gold mix; red leaf Heritage Brick mix; remaining leaf Milk Chocolate mix. Lightly sand; wipe dust.
- 3. Paint the following: Yellow leaf: Use basecoater to basecoat Antique Gold again, then slip-slap left Heritage Brick, right Milk Chocolate, and highlight with Camel. Red leaf: Use basecoater to basecoat Heritage Brick again, then use 1/2" wash to slip-slap left Milk Chocolate, right Honey Brown, and highlight Gingerbread. Brown leaf: Use basecoater to basecoat Milk Chocolate again, then slip-slap left Antique Gold, right Heritage Brick, and highlight Antique Gold.
- 4. Apply several light coats of varnish. Make paper template of each opening, then transfer to card stock and cut out.
- Slip-Slap Technique
- 1. Base again, then stroke in another color or two while still wet for a soft, mottled look. Let brush strokes show to add another dimension to your painted piece.