This idea was originally published in our 2015 Fall issue. Subscribe today and save off newsstand prices! You’ll get ALL the projects delivered to you in six jam-packed issues per year.
Pattern - Frankentreat Holder
- 1. Measure 3-1/4" from bottom of one bottle and 1-3/4" from bottom of other bottle, lightly mark. Cut on marked line using scissors; discard tops of bottles. Wash and dry both sections.
- 2. Print out full-size patterns. Cut hair section from smaller water bottle half for top of treat holder. Refer to pattern and mark 5/8" from cut edge. Cut section halfway around creating hair line.
- 3. For ears, punch two 1" circles from white cardstock. Paint outside of larger bottle section (head) and ears Hauser Light Green using wash. Paint hair Lamp Black until opaque. Let dry. Paint hair lines Snow White using round.
- 4. Transfer face onto head. Paint eyes, eyebrows, ear lines, and mouth line Lamp Black using round. Paint nose Hauser Medium Green using shader. Paint cheeks Country Red using shader. Highlight dot eyes and mark nose Snow White using round.
- 5. Fold each ear in half; be sure ear line will show on correct side when adhered. Position hair on head; adhere ears on sides of face below hair line using glue gun.
Wiggle eyes can also be used instead of paint.