Wrapped Candy Ornaments
size: 4-1/2" tall
- Jumbo Woodsies circles, 2-1/2”, three (Forster)
- Ribbons to coordinate with paint colors, three
- White tulle, 7” square, three
- Skinny chenille stems, 11”, three each: pink; white
- Silver glitter
- Glamour Dust (DecoArt)
- Craft thread: orange; blue; fuchsia
- Pink cardstock
- Silver eyelets, 1/8”, three
- Americana Acrylic Paint: Calypso Blue; Royal Fuchsia; Pumpkin; Snow White (DecoArt)
- Foam swirl stamp (Plaid)
- Bright pink ink pad
- Crafter’s Pick The Ultimate! Glue (The Adhesive Products, Inc.)
- Foam applicator
- Paintbrush or sponge
- Small paper plates
- Hole punch, 1/8”
- Eyelet setting tool
- Pinking shears
- Optional: Computer and printer
- 1. Paint wood circle Snow White. Use Pumpkin, Calypso Blue, or Royal Fuchsia to stamp swirl on circle. Immediately sprinkle Glamour Dust™ on wet paint; shake off excess.
- 2. Use paintbrush or sponge to dab glue on opposite ends of tulle square. Quickly sprinkle glitter on glue; shake off excess.
- 3. Place painted circle in center of tulle, with right side facing tulle and glitter edges at sides. Fold top and bottom tulle over circle. Tie ribbon around tulle at sides of circle; trim ribbon ends with pinking shears.
- 4. For hanger, twist pink and white chenille stems together. Bend 1/2" at ends of stem over tulle at bottom of circle sides. Shape stem over ornament.
- 5. Print or hand-write "jolly days", "sweet joys", or "good cheer" on pink card stock; cut tag shape around words. Antique edges with pink ink. Punch hole in tag; attach eyelet. Insert craft thread of same color as swirl through eyelet and ribbon on right side of ornament; tie bow.
- 1. To stamp with foam stamps, pour small amount of paint onto paper plate. Dip applicator sponge or paintbrush in paint and then dab evenly on surface of stamp. Do not get any paint on sides of stamp or image will not be sharp. Press stamp down firmly on wood; then life straight up.