Vintage Perfume Sign
Vintage Perfume Sign
- Vintage perfume tray
- MDF board
- Thegraphicsfairy.com Perfume Ad and Atomizers Image Transfers
- Light blue sheer ribbon, 24” length
- Scroll or band saw
- Plaster of Paris
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Graphite, Spa Blue, Titanium (Snow) White; Black Tie Multi-Surface Satin Paint; Multi-Purpose Sealer; Matte Sealer/Finisher
- Royal Gold Paintbrushes: Series R250 Round #6, Series R700 Glaze/Wash 1”, Series R150 Shader #10
- Computer and printer
- Adhesives: DecoArt Matte Decou-Page, Eclectic Products E6000 Industrial Strength Adhesive
- toothpick, pencil, ruler, sponge, wax candle, dust mask, sandpaper, soft cloth, measuring spoon, craft stick, small container with lid, scissors, newspaper (to cover work surface), paper towel
- 1. Trace tray onto MDF board; use saw to cut out. Apply coat of multi-purpose sealer. Let dry. Sand lightly and wipe dust with soft cloth.
- 2. To make chalk paint, wear dust mask and use craft stick to mix 2 tsp. Plaster of Paris and 1 tsp. water in disposable cup using craft stick. When smooth, add 2 oz. of Titanium (Snow) White paint and mix well. Cover with lid when not in use.
- 3. Basecoat tray frame Black Tie using shader. Let dry overnight. Repaint tray frame with white chalk paint. Let dry. Lightly sand to distress. Set aside.
- 4. Mix 1 oz. Spa Blue and white chalk paint mixture; basecoat board using glaze/wash. Repeat coverage until fairly opaque. Randomly paint Graphite marks using round brush; repeat to darken if desired. Let dry. Lightly rub candle over gray marks. Avoid getting wax on blue areas. Brush off any loose wax particles. Apply another coat of chalk paint mixture. Let dry. Lightly sand distressed areas to remove chalk paint. Lightly sand entire surface to smooth chalk paint. Wipe with soft cloth.
- 5. (Note: Be sure to use reverse images of lettering and numbers. Print multiple copies of your designs in case of error.) Print perfume ad and atomizers transfers using computer and printer. Cut excess paper and unwanted graphic areas from printed transfers. Use ruler and pencil to lightly mark center of board. Lay out graphics in pleasing manner. Apply generous coat of découpage medium onto board using glaze/wash. Position image transfers on board; do not move or shift images after making contact with board. Press and smooth images with fingers. Use damp sponge to wipe off any excess medium. Let dry. Use sponge and clean water to dampen paper. Let set for one minute; use gentle pressure with fingertips to rub paper using circular motion. Use damp paper towel to wipe away shredded paper. Continue rubbing and adding water as needed until paper has been removed. Lightly sand area to remove any leftover pieces of paper.
- 6. Spray frame and board with sealer. Let dry. Adhere board onto tray using heavy-duty glue. Attach ribbon onto either end of tray to hang.