Pattern - Painting Worksheet for Sunflowers
Pattern - Painting Worksheet for Leaves & Flowers
- 1. Use color worksheet as painting and practice guide throughout. Enlarge worksheet on color photocopier. Place acetate over worksheet to practice strokes.
- 1. Double-load scruffy with Yellow Ochre and Berry Wine, then double-load #16 flat with School Bus Yellow and Yellow Ochre.
- 2. Using a pouncing motion, pounce center of sunflower. (Note: Do not turn brush around. Simply move brush in a "C" shape keeping Yellow Ochre side up.)
- 3. Use flat side of #16 flat to paint petals. Touch edge of wet center with chisel edge of brush to start each petal.
- 4. Using same brush and colors, paint a shorter layer of petals on top of first layer.
- 5. Use scruffy brush to re-pounce center.
- 6. Dip brush handle into Lemon Custard; add dots around center. Dip brush handle into Yellow Ochre; add more dots around center.
- 1. Double-load 3/4" flat with Thicket and Fresh Foliage. Using flat side of brush keeping Thicket to outer edge, paint large leaves and one-stroke leaves.
- 2. Pull stem into each leaf using chisel edge of brush.
- 3. Load script liner with Fresh Foliage; add several curls throughout design. Use more pressure at tip of curl to resemble long teardrop.
- Partial Sunflowers
- 1. Use same procedure to paint partial sunflowers.
- 1. Let paint dry overnight, then place in a cool oven. Turn oven to 350°F. When oven reaches proper temperature, back for 30 minutes. When time has elapsed, turn oven off, but do not open door until completely cool. (Note: Let paint air cure for 21 days prior to hand washing if not baking.)