Retro Holiday Paper Mache Ornaments
Delta Creative, Inc.
size: 3" Papier-Maché Ornaments
- Papier-mâché ornaments with cord, 3” (#28-0055) (DCC)
- White tissue paper
- Silver chenille stems
- Marabou craft feathers: fuchsia; lime
- Ceramcoat Acrylic Paints*: Fuchsia; Turquoise; Tangerine; Lt. Foliage Green; Cricket; Hydrangea Pink; Black
- Ceramcoat Pearls*: Fuchsia Pearl; Aqua Cool Pearl; Pearl Finish
- Ceramcoat Gesso*
- Ceramcoat Découpage Medium, satin*
- Wood handle stamps: Skinny Tree A (#4437F); Skinny Tree B (#4438F); Fun Ornament (#4429B) (Rubber Stampede)
- Paint & Toss Sponges*
- Brush Cleaner*
- Paintbrushes: flat soft bristle, 1”; round, #1
- Paper plates & towels
- *Products by Delta Creative, Inc.
- 1. Use 1" brush to paint ornament with two smooth coats of Gesso; let dry.
- 2. Follow manufacturer's instructions to apply one coat of découpage medium to each ornament; let dry.
- 3. Pour puddle of black paint onto paper plate; use sponge to dab onto Fun Ornament stamp. Stamp image onto tissue paper several times. Repeat for remaining two stamps. Let dry. Add water to paint on plate, until thinned to inky consistency. Use round brush to fill in stamped images. Let dry.
- 4. Loosely cut out stamped images; separate into groups for each ornament. Use 1" brush to apply découpage medium to one side of ornament; apply image and finish with another coat of découpage medium. Continue working around ornament, alternating tree and ornament images until complete. Hang dry.
- 5. Use 1" brush and Pearls™ colors to paint ornament everywhere except over stamped images. (Note: Paint is applied in loose, slip-slap manner for varying shades of color.) Apply additional coats until desired effect is achieved. Let dry.
- 6. Cut feathers into 3" lengths and chenille stems in half. Cut cord attached to ornament and use to tie feathers and chenille stems to ornament.