Pears & Pinecones
Craft Marketing Connections
Pears & Pinecones
- Tall clear vase, 6” diameter, 16” tall
- FloraCraft Design It: SimpleStyle Pears, 5”, five to six; LED Light Strands, two to four; Twinklets Diamond Dust
- Assorted pinecones, 2”-4”, 20-30
- Design Master Sprays: White ColorTool Color, Flurry ColorTex Textured Finish; Tack 1000 Adhesive, Mess Master Solvent (optional)
- Elmer’s X-ACTO Scissors, 8”
- paper towels, soft cloth, transparent tape, ruler, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Clean and thoroughly dry vase. In well-ventilated area on protected work surface, spray bottom of vase with texture spray, allowing texture to lighten and disappear up the sides. Texture should end 4"-6" from vase bottom. (Note: Apply heavier coat at base. Pull spray farther away from vase as you move toward top.) Let dry.
- 2. (Note: Change work surface after using each type of spray.) Spray pears with one coat white paint. Spray pears with texture. Let dry. One at a time, cover pears with adhesive and quickly sprinkle with glitter. Let dry. (Note: Keep Diamond Dust out of reach of children. Wash hands after using.)
- 3. Unwrap lights and place strands into vase with LED end at top and other end in vase. Tape LED ends outside top of vase at back.
- 4. Place large pinecone in bottom of vase; add pear. Weave light strands back and forth through items, using ruler to help with positioning. Alternate adding large pinecones and pears, filling with smaller pinecones and weaving lights between until vase is filled. Turn vase often to view from all sides.
- 5. Remove tape from ends of light strands; conceal ends among pinecones. Set one pear and a few pinecones outside vase. Sprinkle Diamond Dust over display.
- 1. Use Mess Master at any time to remove sprayed color or texture and start over.