Multicolored Screen-Print Elephant
- Wooden plaque with beveled edge
- Digital image file of stained-glass elephant
- EZScreenPrint Starter Kit
- Speedball Black Fabric Ink
- Fabric markers, in colors of choice
- Plastic canvas
- Flat paintbrush
- Computer with printer
- Polyurethane sealer of choice
- plastic container to mix ink, wooden stick, paper towels, sponge or soft paintbrush (optional), painter’s tape, plastic tablecloth or newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Follow manufacturer's instructions to create screen using digital image file. See Photo 1.
- 2. Center screen on plaque. Load ink onto squeegee edge with stick. Apply ink to screen at an angle. One corner at a time, lift each corner of screen to check ink print. Avoid lifting screen completely off paper. If ink voids exist, lay screen back down and apply more ink. When complete, carefully lift screen off plaque. See Photo 2.
- 3. Immediately wash ink off screen to prevent clogging mesh. Gently clean with dish soap and water, applying friction with sponge, wet paper towel, or soft paintbrush. Blot screen with paper towels; lay on plastic canvas to dry. Screen can be used again when completely dry.
- 4. Color in spaces with fabric markers. See Photos 3 and 4.
- 5. On covered work surface, mask off plaque center with painter's tape. See Photo 5. Paint edge Black using paintbrush. Let dry.
- 6. Seal with polyurethane. See Photo 6. Let dry. Display on easel frame or attach hanger of choice.
- 1. Practically any design, image, or drawing can be turned into a print used for screen printing. The designer was inspired to make a screen print of this elephant which is actually her tattoo! Be as creative as you want to be!