Pattern - Holiday Wine Glasses
- 1. Use paper towel to wipe glasses with vinegar. Let dry. Print and cut out patterns. Transfer bear and penguin designs to glasses, using transfer paper.
- 2. Paint: bear Gloss White, using a dabbing motion for added texture; hat Christmas Red; lines around tip of hat Christmas Green; eye and nose dots Gloss Black; large dots on hat Christmas Green; large dot on tip of hat and small dots on ends of hat lines Christmas Red; tiny dots around hat, bear, and along muzzle line Yellow Green.
- 3. Paint: center area of penguin Gloss White, using a dabbing motion for added texture; sides of penguin Gloss Black; beak Cadmium Yellow; hat Christmas Green; lines around tip of hat Christmas Red; eye dots Gloss Black; large dots on hat Christmas Red; large dot on tip of hat and small dots on ends of hat lines Christmas Green; tiny dots around hat, beak and penguin details Yellow Green.
- 4. Tie green ribbon bow around bear glass stem and red bow around penguin glass stem. Use craft thread to attach jingle bells to center of bows. Print holiday sentiments on red and green cardstock. Punch 1-1/2" circles around sentiments. Punch 1/8" holes in center top of circles. Insert craft thread through holes in circle tags and tie around bow loops.
- Glass Painting Tips
- 1. For basecoat, let paint dry between coats. Paint as many coats as needed until coverage is opaque.
- 2. For dots, dip end of paintbrush handle or toothpick in paint, then dab on project.
- 1. Paint characters on mugs or soup bowls and fill with gourmet treats.