“Hello” Cutting Chalkboard
Faber Castell (www.fabercastell.com)
Chalkboards are in fashion these days. Many different surfaces can be transformed into chalkboards. For instance, this mini cutting board takes on a fun look for the kitchen with Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® Gelatos® colors, Stamper's Big Brush pens, and Textural Accents.
- Mini wood cutting board, 4-1/2”x12”
- Faber-Castell Design Memory Crafts® Tools: Gelatos® in Cotton Candy, Green Tea, Margarita Mix; Gelatos® Tool Set; Essential PITT Artist Pens in Black; Stamper’s Big Brush Pens in Black 199, Cobalt Green 156, Chromium Green Opaque 174; Chalkboard Paint; Textural Accents Gesso
- Antique ledger-style background stamp or background stamp of choice
- pencil, paintbrush, chalk
- 1. Coat cutting board with Gesso; let dry.
- 2. Rub Gelatos® on board and blend with Dot Dabber from Gelatos® Tool Set.
- 3. Ink background stamp with Cobalt Green Stamper's Big Brush Pen and stamp sections randomly on board as shown. For color variation, repeat with Chromium Green Opaque Stamper's Big Brush Pen.
- 4. Freehand draw label shape at center of cutting board using pencil. Paint label with Chalkboard Paint. Apply several coats for full coverage. Let dry.
- 5. Using medium tip PITT Artist Pen®, draw border along edges of painted label.
- 6. Draw straight line extending above and below label design using Black Stamper's Big Brush Pen. Add leaves to resemble vine.
- 7. Hang and display as desired.
- 1. Freehanding your label and vine design helps to keep the handmade look.