Gerber Daisies Coaster Set
Bright and cheery, gerber daisies are stunning flowers that bring a smile to any day. These colorful coasters will delight your guests and put your celebration in full bloom!
- Cabin Crafters Round Box with 6 Coasters (38-605)
- Cork circlular coasters, 4” diameter
- FM Brush Dynasty Black Gold Paintbrushes: Series 206FIL Filbert #6, Series 206R Round #3, Series 206A Angular 3/8”, Series 206L Liner 10/0; Decorator Collection Deerfoot 1/4”, Series SC361F Flat #10
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Deep Periwinkle, Dioxazine Purple, Georgia Clay, Grape Juice, Heritage Brick, Lamp Black, Lemon Yellow, Napa Red, Pumpkin, Red Violet, Royal Fuchsia, Santa Red, Tangelo Orange, Snow White, True Red, Wisteria; Dazzling Metallics Copper
- DecoArt Americana Matte Spray Sealer/Finisher
- Craft glue
- pencil, white tracing paper, white eraser, graphite paper, stylus, dry palette, sandpaper, ruler, paper towel, newspaper (to cover work surface)
Pattern - Gerber Daisies Coaster Set
- 1. Box is 5"x2-1/2"; coasters have 4" diameter.
- 1. Basecoat box top Snow White. Basecoat box bottom and both sides of all coasters Lamp Black. Sand and repeat. Print out patterns. Trace lid pattern; transfer pattern to lid, omitting lettering and daisies. Basecoat daisy background on lid Lamp Black. Transfer daisy pattern onto lid. Refer to Worksheet throughout when painting flowers.
- 2. For pink flower, drybrush all petals (1:1) mixture of Red Violet + Royal Fuchsia using filbert. See Figure 1. (Note: Stroke petals from outside toward center. If black areas receive too much paint, drybrush or float in black.) Drybrush second and top petal layers Royal Fuchsia. See Figure 2. Drybrush top layer (1:1) mixture of Royal Fuchsia + Baby Pink. See Figure 3. Add touches of Baby Pink to some top petals. Add Grape Juice touches randomly. See Figure 4. Stipple center Red Violet using deerfoot; stipple again using (1:1) mixture of Red Violet + Royal Fuchsia. Highlight center with touch of Pure Royal Fuchsia. Use stylus to dip-dot around center from dark to light: Red Violet, Royal Fuchsia, Baby Pink, Lemon Yellow. Float around center with Lamp Black using angular as needed. Repeat all steps to create box top flower using round.
- 3. For red flower, drybrush all petals Napa Red. Drybrush second and top petal layers True Red. Drybrush top petals (1:1) mixture of True Red + Tangelo Orange. Highlight (1:1) mixture of Tangelo Orange + Lemon Yellow. Add touches of Lemon Yellow to some top petals. Add vein lines in Lemon Yellow using liner. Stipple centers Napa Red using deerfoot. Dip-dot around center from dark to light: Napa Red, Santa Red, True Red, Tangelo Orange, Lemon Yellow. Float Lamp Black around center as needed. Repeat all steps to create box top flower using round.
- 4. For orange flower, drybrush all petals (1:1) mixture of Heritage Brick + Georgia Clay. Drybrush second and top petal layers mixture of Georgia Clay + touch of Tangelo Orange. Drybrush top layer Tangelo Orange, adding touches of Pumpkin randomly. Highlight Lemon Yellow randomly. Add Lemon Yellow vein lines. Stipple center (1:1) mixture of Heritage Brick + Georgia Clay. Dip-dot around center from dark to light: Heritage Brick, Georgia Clay, Pumpkin, Tangelo Orange, Lemon Yellow. Float Lamp Black around center as needed. Repeat all steps to create box top flower using round.
- 5. For purple flower, drybrush all petals Dioxazine Purple + touch of Grape Juice. Drybrush second and top petal layers (1:1) mixture of Dioxazine Purple + Grape Juice. Drybrush top layer Grape Juice. Drybrush top layer again mixture of Grape Juice + touch of Deep Periwinkle randomly. Add Royal Fuchsia randomly and touches of Wisteria to some top petals. Paint vein lines Wisteria + touch of Deep Periwinkle. Stipple center (1:1) mixture of Deep Periwinkle + Grape Juice. Dip-dot around center from dark to light: Dioxazine Purple, Grape Juice, Deep Periwinkle, Wisteria, Lemon Yellow. Float Lamp Black around center as needed.
- 6. Basecoat banners on box lid Grape Juice. Transfer lettering and daisies onto lid. Float shading on banners Dioxazine Purple and highlight sheer Wisteria. Paint lettering and edge detail Copper using liner.
- 7. Paint checkerboard on box edges Lamp Black using flat. Float sheer Deep Periwinkle on left sides of white squares and around design areas and edges on top of lid.
- 8. Outline coasters, lid top, and box edges Copper using round.
- 9. Erase graphite lines. Spray box and coasters with sealer; let dry. Adhere cork circles to bottom of each coaster.
- 1. When drybrushing, brushes should be dry or barely damp and loaded with moderate amount of paint. Do not off-load paint aggressively as in the scumbling method of drybrushing. Wipe brushes with a paper towel between painting sections with colors in the same family. If you must wash the brush, dry it thoroughly before reloading the next color.