Pattern - Peppermint Hot Cocoa Votive Holder
- 1. Wash and dry jar and pot. Use wash brush to apply an even coat of Cool White to jar and pot. Let dry and apply sealer. Use same brush to bascoat jar and pot again. Let dry and continue basecoating for adequate coverage.
- 2. Print and cut out pattern. Transfer details as needed. For candle pot, use #1 script liner to paint double, short stripes of Burgundy Wine around very top rim edge of pot. Divide pot edges into quarter and eighths and so forth. Use pouncer dipped into Cool White, then Burgundy Wine for peppermint dots. (Note: If colors start to blend too much, re-dip pouncer again. Set aside to dry.
- 3. For jar, use sea wool sponge to create blue color texture. Place small amount of Prussian Blue on flat palette. Lightly dip moistened sea wool sponge into paint and use circular motion on palette to load. Evenly sponge paint jar up to rim edge with medium blue paint. Let dry.
- 4. Transfer basic pattern to jar. Use Silver Pearl dimensional writer to apply lettering to front of jar. (Note: Clean out tip after use.) Use #4 flat to paint chocolate drops along bottom edge Dark Chocolate. Use 1/4" angular shader to shade bottom edge of each chocolate with Lamp Black. Shade underneath each chocolate lightly, using same brush and Prussian Blue. Use #2 round to apply stroke of highlight to right side of each chocolate with Cool White. Use pouncer to sponge peppermint dots evenly in two alternating rows above lettering, using same method as for candle pot. Use #1 script liner and Burgundy Wine to paint double strips around top edge of jar. Use #0 liner to randomly paint snowflakes Cool White around lettering and pepperminty dots. Use stylus to dot snowflakes Cool White. Let dry.
- 5. Apply 2-3 coats sealer. Use foam brush to lightly apply light, even coat of satin varnish to outer jar and candle pot. Let dry. Use back end of narrow paintbrush to apply snow medium to top rim edge of jar; sprinkle with glitter. Place candle pot into mouth of jar, pressing lightly into snow to secure. Tie double length of twine around bottom edge of jar rim.