Parisian Chocolate Box
- A.C. Moore Unfinished Wooden Box with Lid
- Darice Wooden Ball Knobs, 1-1/2”, four
- Loew-Cornell Transform Mason Wooden Tags (1026272)
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Locket Keys (TH92822)
- Ribbon of choice
- The Graphics Fairy French Chocolate Transfer Printable, reverse image
- Royal & Langnickel Royal Gold Paintbrushes: Series R250 Round, #3, 6; Series R700 Glaze Wash 1”
- DecoArt Americana Chalky Finish Paint: Everlasting, Carbon; Ultra Matte Varnish; Image Transfer Medium
- Fine-grit sandpaper sponge
- Eclectic Products E6000 Industrial Strength Adhesive
- white candle or clear wax, sponge, pencil, dust mask, newspaper (to cover work surface), computer with printer, ruler, paper towels, soft cloth
- 1. Paint all wooden pieces Everlasting. Continue adding coats until fairly opaque, sanding as needed between coats. Paint random Carbon marks on box with round brushes, repeating to darken as desired. Let dry.
- 2. Rub wax over painted gray marks, avoiding white areas. Brush off any loose wax. Apply another coat of Everlasting over entire surface. When dry, lightly sand distressed areas to remove topcoat of Everlasting. Lightly sand entire surface to smooth paint. Wipe dust with soft cloth.
- 3. Enlarge or reduce the downloaded graphic as desired. Graphics with lettering or numbering require using reverse image. Print several copies to allow for errors and practicing. (Note: Be sure to use toner-based copies - not ink or laser jet - for transfer.) Trim excess paper from printed graphic.
- 4. Lightly mark center of lid with pencil. Quickly apply generous coat of transfer medium to lid with glaze/wash brush. Apply transfer medium to printed graphic; place on lid. (Note: Do not move or shift graphic after it comes in contact with lid.) Press and smooth graphic with fingers or promo credit card. Remove excess medium with damp sponge. Let dry overnight.
- 5. Dampen printed graphic with sponge and clean water. Wait one minute to let paper soak, then rub graphic gently in circular motion with fingertips to remove paper. Wipe away paper with damp paper towel. Continue rubbing, adding water as needed, until paper has been removed. When graphic is dry, lightly sand area to remove any traces of paper.
- 6. Apply coat of varnish to wooden pieces. Let dry.
- 7. Adhere knob "feet" and keyhole to box. Tie key of choice to heart tag with ribbon.