Painted Cake Pedestal
Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.
- Clear glass pedestal cake stand, 10”x5”
- Elmer’s Painters Medium-tip Opaque Paint Markers: Pink, Violet, Ocean Sherbet, Citron Sherbet
- copy paper, paper towels, water, ruler, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Clean glassware with water; dry thoroughly. (Note: Avoid using glass cleaner as it can leave film that prohibits paint from adhering.)
- 2. Draw small circles, 1/4" to 1/2" apart, around pedestal edge on outside surface of cake stand. (Note: While this paint is not toxic, it is better for paint to be on outside where it doesn't come in contact with food.) Repeat drawing circles around bottom edge of base. Erase wet paint mistakes with paper towel.
- 3. Practice making large (1-1/2"), medium (1"), and small (1/2") spirals with paint markers on copy paper following manufacturer's instructions.
- 4. Plan design on copy paper. Make large spirals in pink, about 3" apart. Place medium spirals in green and purple in centers of triangles created by large spirals. Fill in remaining space with small spirals in blue. Continue until satisfied with pattern.
- 5. Replicate spiral pattern on outside surface of cake stand, one color at a time. Let paint dry before beginning next color.
- 6. Let piece set overnight and for several days before using. After use, gently handwash and pat dry.