Painted Animal Rocks
- Variety of rocks, washed and dried
- Wiggly eyes: 10mm, two; 7mm, two
- Red utility tape or craft foam
- DecoArt Americana Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Paint: (Frog) Chartreuse, Cottonball, Lipstick, Turf Green; (Bird) Blue Lagoon, Lipstick, Pumpkin Patch; (Bunny) Cottonball, Flamingo, Lipstick; (Snake) Black Tie, Canary, Lipstick
- FM Brush Dynasty Mastodon Paintbrushes: Angle 1/2”; Shaders #2, 12
- Sakura IDenti-Pen Black Permanent Marker
- Beacon Adhesives Kid’s Choice! Glue
- scissors, paper plates, paper towels, toothpick, newspaper
- 1. At least two coats of paint will be needed to cover rock surface.
- 1. Choose rocks: one for head, two oval for ears, one small flat for nose. Paint face and ears Cottonball; paint nose and inside ears Flamingo.
- 2. Adhere ears to head, propping ears in place until completely dry. Adhere nose and 10mm eyes to face. Drybrush cheeks Lipstick. (Note: To drybrush, dip dry paintbrush into small amount of red paint. Rub most paint off on paper towel. Rub brush into cheeks with circular motion.) Draw smile and dots with marker.
- 1. Choose rocks: one for head, two small round for eyes. Paint face Chartreuse and eyes Cottonball. When dry, paint eyelids Chartreuse. Draw pupils and smile with marker. Drybrush cheeks Lipstick. Use paintbrush handle to paint dots on face Turf Green.
- 2. Adhere eyes to head; let dry.
- 1. Choose rocks: one for head, one small flat for beak. Paint face Blue Lagoon and nose Pumpkin Patch.
- 2. Drybrush cheeks Lipstick. Adhere beak and 7mm eyes to face.
- 1. Choose rocks: six similar sized for body, one smaller for head. Paint head, tail, and two body rocks Lipstick. Paint three remaining body rocks Black Tie. When dry, paint Canary stripe down center of each body rock. Paint Candary partial stripe on face as shown.
- 2. Paint features Black Tie, using paintbrush handle to make eyes and toothpick to make nostrils. Cut small tongue strip from tape (folded upon itself) or foam; notch end and adhere under head. Arrange rocks as shown in soil, alternating colors.