No Journey Photo Clock
size: 9" tall
- Wooden clock kit (Walnut Hollow)
- Pop Culture Perm Lace Cardstock (KI Memories), any color
- Heavyweight cream cardstock, 8-1/2”x11”
- Jute ribbon (May Arts)
- Tim Holtz Road Trip cling stamp set (Stamper’s Anonymous)
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink ink pads (Ranger Ink), four assorted colors (see instructions)
- Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint (Ranger Ink): Brushed Corduroy; Walnut Stain
- Inkssentials Ink Blending Tool and Blending Foam (Ranger Ink)
- Computer with printer and digital photo file
- 1. Follow manufacturer's instructions to paint clock base with Walnut Stain crackle paint; let dry. Paint clock face Brushed Corduroy; let dry.
- 2. Use ink blending tool to sponge Walnut Stain ink over painted areas to highlight crackle texture.
- 3. Cut lace cardstock in half and turn over to white size. Using a separate foam pad for each color, gently blend inks onto cardstock. Start with blue and green inks, applying them in a circular motion. Begin off edge of cardstock and move blending tool toward opposite edge. Blend Brushed Corduroy around edges. Blend Antique Linen over surface to further blend colors. Continue until pleased with effect.
- 4. Print photo onto cardstock; cut out. Blend Antique Linen ink over surface of photo and Brushed Corduroy around edges.
- 5. Stamp Brushed Corduroy sentiment onto cardstock; cut out. Blend Antique Linen and Brushed Corduroy inks around edges.
- 6. Adhere inked lace cardstock over two-thirds of clock face; trim as needed. Sand edges to remove excess paper. Adhere photo and quote to clock. Tie ribbon around clock base.
- 7. Follow manufacturer's instructions to assemble clock; designer chose to omit numbers.
- 1. Designer used Faded Jeans, Peeled Paint, Brushed Corduroy and Antique Linen Distress Ink ink pads. Use the same colors or choose shades that coordinate with your photo.