Canvas Photo Wall Hanging
- Red Label Art Canvas (Fredrix), 11”x14”
- Canvas Board (Fredrix), 8”x10”
- Striped fabric, 1/2 yd.
- Brown acrylic paint
- Chipboard square, 5”
- Silk flower, 4”
- Patterned paper, 12”x12”
- Metal label holder
- Black button
- Upholstery tacks, three
- Brads, two
- Ribbon: brown grosgrain, 1”, 1/2 yd.; brown polka-dot organza, 1/2”, 1 yd.
- Photo, 4”x4”
- Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint (Ranger Industries): Fired Brick
- Staple gun
- Fine-grit sandpaper
- Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive (Beacon Adhesives)
- 1. Paint canvas board brown. Let dry.
- 2. Follow crackle paint manufacturer's instructions to paint chipboard square. When dry, gently sand edges for a distressed look.
- 3. Cut stripe fabric so it measures 2" beyond 11"x14" canvas.
- 4. Wrap strip fabric around canvas, mitering corners, and staple to back.
- 5. Cut 7"x9" rectangle from patterned paper. Adhere paper to brown canvas board.
- 6. Sand photo edges and adhere to center of painted chipboard.
- 7. Use photo as guide to adhere brown fabric and photo/chipboard to canvas board.
- 8. Use photo as guide to adhere flower and metal label holder to brown canvas board.
- 9. Wrap organza ribbon around bottom of canvas. Tie bow; use upholstery tack to attach bow to canvas.
- 10. Cut 16" length from grosgrain ribbon. Use upholstery tacks to attach ribbon ends to top back of canvas.