Brownie Ice Cream Sundae Kit
- New gallon paint can (available at Lowe’s)
- White ceramic bowls, two
- Wooden small spoons, two
- Toppings in a jar: hot fudge; cherries
- Purchased brownie mix in a box (your favorite)
- White paper bag, 6”x11”x3-3/4”
- Bright pink medium rickrack
- Pink/white dot satin ribbon, 1”
- Brads: copper medium, eight; antique mini, two
- Patterned paper (Basic Grey): brown stripe; beige; light pink; bright pink; white; brown/black check; pink stripe; dark brown
- White craft thread
- Ultra Gloss Air Dry Enamel Paints (DecoArt): Gloss White; Burgundy; Royal Fuchsia; Gloss Black
- Brown ink pad
- American Painter & Golden Taklon paintbrushes (Loew-Cornell): Filbert, Series 4500, #12; Round, Series 4000, #4, #5; Round Stroke, Series 7040, #2
- Circle punches
- Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive (Beacon Adhesives)
- Computer and printer
- Optional computer font (Autumn Leaves): 2Peas Miss Happy
- 1. Wipe outside of bowls with vinegar. Let dry.
- 2. For cherries, paint 3/4" circles evenly spaced around top of bowls with Royal Fuchsia. Shade left and bottom edges of cherries with Burgundy. Paint a highlight in upper right area of cherry with Gloss White. Paint stem and dot on top of stem with Gloss Black. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake ceramic bowls in oven to make paint dishwasher safe.
- 3. To cover hot fudge jar, cut strip from white paper wide enough to cover label on jar. Punch 2" circle from brown paper. Print "Hot Fudge Sauce" on beige paper and punch 1-1/2" circle around words. Antique edges of paper shapes with brown ink. Glue circles to center of white label; wrap and glue around jar. Punch circle from check paper and glue to top of lid.
- 4. To cover cherries jar, cut a strip from light pink paper wide enough to cover label on jar. Punch 2" circle from brown paper. Print "Cherries" on bright pink paper and punch 1-1/2" circle around words. Antique edges of paper shapes with brown ink. Glue circles to center of pink label; wrap and glue around jar. Punch circle from check paper and glue to top of lid. Glue rickrack around side of lid.
- 5. For paper brownie bag, cut 5" square from check paper. Punch 3-1/2" circle from brown paper. Print "Supreme Brownie Mix" on beige paper and punch (or cut) a 3" circle around words. Antique edges of paper shapes with brown ink. Glue circles to center of square. Punch 1/16" holes in corners of square. Glue square to front of paper sack close to bottom. Insert copper brads through sack and holes in square and bend prongs down on inside. Place brownie mix in sealed plastic bag in bag. Fold top of bag over twice. Punch two 3/4" holes in folded top of bag. Insert ribbon through holes in bag and tie bow in front. Print ingredients and instructions for baking on a pink tag; antique edges with brown ink; punch 1/2" hole in top of tag; and use craft thread to attach tag to ribbon on sack.
- 6. Cut stripe paper to fit around paint can, overlapping pieces at sides of can around handles (do not glue). Cut a 4"x5" rectangle from beige paper. Print "Brownie Ice Cream Sundae Kit" on light pink paper. Cut a 1-1/2"x3" rectangle around words and round corners. Punch 3/4" circle from bright pink paper. Print and cut out pattern. Cut fudge sauce pattern shape from dark brown paper. Punch a 2-1/4" circle from white paper. Cut a 1/4"x2-3/4" strip from check paper. Cut a 5/8"x3-1/2" strip from pink stripe paper and round bottom corners. Antique edges of all paper pieces and glue to beige rectangle to assemble sundae design, using photo as guide. Glue beige rectangle to brown stripe paper. Punch 1/16" holes in corners of beige rectangle and attach copper brads. Punch holes in ends of pink word rectangle and attach antique mini brads. Glue brown stripe paper around can. Glue rickrack around top and bottom of can. Cut a circle from check paper and glue to top of can lid.