size: 17" tall
- Black silk long-stemmed roses, 12
- Black ultra-fine glitter
- Glass straight-sided vase, 12” tall
- Spray paints: black gloss; red metallic
- Black satin ribbon, 1-1/2” wide, 30” length
- Black large rubber spider
- White craft glue
- Small paintbrush
- Blue painter’s tape
- Window cleaner
- Drop cloth
- 1. Dilute the glue with water on a paper plate. Paint the tips of the rose petals with glue, then generously sprinkle with glitter. Repeat for remaining roses.
- 2. Clean the vase thoroughly. Spread out the drop cloth in a well-ventilated area. Spray paint the outside of the vase with several light coats of red. Let dry.
- 3. Tape off stripes, 1" apart, burnishing edges to prevent seepage. Spray paint the outside of the vase with several light coats of black. Let dry.
- 4. To attach the spider, wrap and knot black ribbon around the vase. Center the spider over the knot, then criss-cross the ribbon ends over the spider, and tie a knot behind the spider. Trim ribbon, leaving 5" ends.
- 5. Arrange the glittered roses in the vase and invite the witches over for a ghoulish gala!
- Black Magic
- 1. To create a vase with a ghastly glow, use metallic red car paint which looks translucent on glass, then light up the vase from the inside with twinkle lights. Spellbinding!