Your Pet's Silhouette
- Artists canvas, 12”x16”
- Americana Acrylic Paints: Warm White; Hauser Light Green (DecoArt)
- White Taklon Paintbrushes: Liner, Series 599, #1; Shader, Series 159, #8; White Bristle Angular Sash, Series 985, 1” (Royal & Langnickel)
- Side view pet photo
- Tracing paper
- Optional: Computer and printer with photo-copying capabilities
- 1. Enlarge upper body of pet photo to fit canvas. (Note: If you do not have a computer printer that can make copies, have an enlargement made at a copy store.) Place tracing paper on top of enlarged pet photo. Draw around head and neck on tracing paper. (Note: Collar details were eliminated on sample project.) Draw line straight across bottom of tracing. Write pet's name under tracing (handwrite name or use computer font). Transfer pet design to canvas.
- 2. Paint pet silhouette and name several coats Warm White, letting dry between coats. Paint background and name Hauser Light Green. Let dry.
- 3. Lightly sand canvas edges and background for a distressed look, letting white canvas show through.