1. Practice stamping "Gardening uses flowers as paint and the soil and sky as canvas" on paper before beginning project.
2. Use pencil to lightly draw horizontal line on bench as lettering placement guide. Tape stamped saying on paper below line to help space letters (Photo 1).
3. Align each letter by stamping it on imaging sheet of Stamp-A-Ma-Jig (Photo 2), then using Brown Velvet to stamp letter on bench (Photo 3). Stamp remaining letters in same way.
4. Use masking tape to overlap flowers and leaves. By layering paper images, determine which images will be masked and which will be completely stamped (Photo 4). Trace around masked design to use as stamping guide (Photo 5).
5. Use Stonewedge Green to stamp lighter, solid leaves, then Forest Green to stamp darker leaf outlines (Photo 6). Use Santa Fe Rose to stamp lighter, solid flower images, then Cinnamon to stamp darker flower outlines.
6. When dry, erase pencil marks. Follow manufacturer's instructions to apply varnish.