Sugar Tree Ornament
size: 7" tall
- Wooden heart, 5-3/4”
- FolkArt (Plaid): Acrylic Colors: Engine Red; Soft Apple; Artists’ Varnish: Satin
- Silver wire, 16-gauge, 6” length
- Sheerly Yours Ivory Ribbon, 1/4”, 12” length (Offray)
- Clear glitter
- FolkArt OneStroke Flat Paintbrush, 3/4” (Plaid)
- Glass, Metal, & More Premium Permanent Glue (Beacon Adhesives)
- Large eye sewing needle
- Fine-grit sandpaper
- Cotton-tip swab
- Wire cutters
- Round-nose pliers
- 1. Sand heart; wipe dust. Basecoat Soft Apple.
- 2. Use cotton-tip swab to add Engine Red dots.
- 3. Apply thick coat of vanish. While still wet, sprinkle with glitter. Tap off excess glitter when dry.
- 4. Apply varnish.
- 5. Coil wire into swirl, leaving 1" straight end. Glue end to back of heart for trunk. Let dry.
- 6. Apply varnish to back of heart. Let dry.
- 7. Drill hole in top of heart. Thread ribbon through hole; knot ends.