Ribbon Embellished Butterfly Boxes
size: 4-1/2"x6"; 5-1/4"x8"
- Hinged Wooden Boxes: Card Box (1704OP); Roomy Box (1253OP) (Walnut Hollow)
- Acid washed & Lilykate patterned papers (Basic Grey): black; lt. green; lt. blue
- White cardstock
- Ribbon: satin, 7/8”: white; lime green; grosgrain: lt. blue, 3/8”; white, 1/4”
- Ribbon Charms: Pewter Buckles (Making Memories)
- Pewter mini brads, eight
- Second Nature by Rhonna Farrer Clear Stamps: Butterflies (Autumn Leaves)
- Ink pads: black; blue; green
- Americana Acrylic Paints: Country Blue; Soft Blue; Lt. Hauser Green; Lemonade (DecoArt)
- Fine-grit sandpaper
- Hole punch, 1/16”
- Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive (Beacon Adhesives)
- 1. Adjust paper rectangle sizes on lids if using different size boxes than sample project.
- Blue Box
- 1. Lightly sand box. Rub blue ink on inside edges of lid and bottom.
- 2. Paint outside of box Country Blue. Let dry. Paint Soft Blue on top of Country Blue. When dry, sand surface and edges of box, letting Country Blue show through.
- 3. Glue white satin ribbon around center of box, beginning at inside edge of box bottom, wrapping around bottom and then lid, and gluing ribbon end inside edge of box lid. Glue blue grosgrain ribbon around box centered on white ribbon, beginning at top of box side, wrapping it around bottom and lid, then inserting end through buckle and gluing buckle to side of box lid with ribbon extending beyond buckle.
- 4. Use black ink to stamp sideways butterfly on white cardstock. Cut 2"x2-1/2" rectangle around butterfly. Cut 3"x4-1/2" blue rectangle, and 2-1/4"x2-3/4" and 3-1/4"x4-3/4" black rectangles. Glue paper rectangles centered on top of each other. Punch holes in white rectangle corners; attach brads. Glue rectangles to box lid.
- Green Box
- 1. Lightly sand box. Rub green ink on inside edges of box lid and bottom.
- 2. Paint outside of box with Lt. Hauser Green. Let dry. Paint Lemonade on top of Lt. Hauser Green. When dry, sand surface and edges of box, letting Lt. Hauser Green show through.
- 3. Repeat step 3 from Blue Box, except use green satin and white grosgrain ribbon.
- 4. Use black ink to stamp symmetrical butterfly on white cardstock. Cut a 2"x3-1/2" rectangle around butterfly. Cut 3-3/4"x6-3/4" green rectangle and 2-1/4"x3-1/4" and 4"x7" black rectangles. Glue paper rectangles centered on top of each other. Punch holes in white rectangle corners; attach brads. Glue rectangles to box lid.