Pattern - Dragonfly
Pattern - Frog
Pattern - Ladybug & Bee
- 1. Print and cut out patterns. Apply sealer to painted pots.
- Ladybug Flowerpot
- 1. Transfer spots and wing lines to 8" pot, extending bottom wing line around back of pot. Paint spots, top rim, inside of pot, and bottom of pot under wings Calico Red. Paint wings Lamp Black. Paint additional small spots on wings Calico Red. Paint dots in red spots, and dotted vertical line centered between wings Lamp Black.
- 2. Draw or transfer face to top rim of pot centered over wings. Paint eyes White Wash. Outline eyes and mouth Lamp Black. Paint dots on cheeks and inside eyes Lamp Black. Paint tiny highlight dots inside pupils with White Wash.
- 3. Dry brush pot edges Cranberry Wine.
- 4. Insert a 25" wire length through bottom pot hole. Twist ends together at top of back side of pot. Cut two wings from screen. Tie wire ends around center of screen wings. Twist wire ends together tightly over wings. Bend wire ends into curly loops. Shape screen wings. Place soil around wire when potting plant.
- Bee Flowerpot
- 1. Paint 8" pot Cadmium Yellow. Paint four 1/2"-wide stripes, 1" apart, around. Paint dotted lines close to edges of stripes Lamp Black.
- 2. Draw or transfer face to top rim. Paint eyes White Wash. Outline eyes and mouth Lamp Black. Paint dots on cheeks and inside eyes Lamp Black. Paint tiny dots inside black eye dots White Wash.
- 3. Dry brush pot edges Antique Gold.
- 4. Assemble wings in same way as Step 4 of Ladybug Flowerpot.
- Frog Flowerpot
- 1. For body, draw or transfer stomach to 10" pot. Paint stomach Avocado Dip. Paint remaining body Kelly Green. Draw or transfer mouth and nostrils to top rim of pot, centered over stomach. Outline mouth, nostrils, and stomach Lamp Black. Paint dots on nostrils Lamp Black. Paint different-sized dots on cheeks and inside stomach with Cadmium Yellow. Paint tiny dots around edges of large yellow dots and inside small yellow dots Bahama Blue. Dry brush pot edges Dark Pine.
- 2. For eyes, draw or transfer eye shapes to 2" pots above rim (turn pot upside down). Paint eyes White Wash. Outline eyes and paint dots in eyes Lamp Black. Paint tiny highlight dots in pupils with White Wash. Paint different-sized dots around eyes Cadmium Yellow. Paint tiny dots inside yellow dots Bahama Blue. Dry brush pot edges Dark Pine.
- 3. For feet, paint 4" pots Kelly Green. Draw or transfer three toe lines side-by-side, along edge of pot (turn pot upside down). Paint half round shapes between toes Avocado Dip. Outline half round shapes Lamp Black. Paint different sized dots on legs and between toes Cadmium Yellow. Paint tiny dots around edges of large yellow dots and inside small yellow dots Bahama Blue. Dry brush pot edges Dark Pine.
- 4. To assemble pot, place leg pots on front sides of body pot. Place eye pots on top rim, placing dowels inside pots to secure them. Place soil around dowels when potting plant.
- 5. For dragonflies, paint doll pins Bahama Blue; antique edges Kelly Green. Cut two wing shapes for each dragonfly. Twist 5" wire lengths around center of wings, then insert wire ends through opening in doll pin and twist ends together around opposite side of doll pin. Shape wings over dragonflies.
- 6. Insert 15" wire lengths through doll pin openings and bend over shapes. Insert long ends of wire through holes in frog leg pots. Shape wire so dragonflies appear to be flying around frog.