- Wooden plaque, 6-1/2”x9-1/2”
- Cinnamon stick, 10” lengths, three
- Yellow cardstock
- Jute twine, 8” length
- DecoArt Americana Multi-Surface Satin Paints: Blue Bird, Sky Blue, Turf Green, Coffee Bean, Brown Sugar, Cocoa Bean, Chartreuse, Buff Beige, Cotton Ball, School Bus; Splendid Gold Dazzling Mettalic
- DecoArt Gold Dazzling Metallic Writer
- Thick white glue
- scissors, ruler, pencil, transfer pencil and paper, paper towels, paper plate (palette), sandpaper, newspaper (to cover work surface), paintbrushes, black marker or pen
Pattern - Painted Creche
- 1. On covered work surface, swirl mixture of Sky Blue and Blue Bird over entire front of wood plaque; let dry. Paint edges Splendid Gold; let dry.
- 2. Print out full-size pattern. Transfer pattern onto plaque.
- 3. Paint barn Brown Sugar; let dry. Add Cocoa Bean vertical lines to simulate wood slats. Paint manger and window frame Coffee Bean; let dry. Add Brown Sugar horizontal lines on manger.
- 4. Paint swaddling on baby Jesus and tie on Joseph head wrap Cotton Ball.
- 5. Use Buff Beige to paint faces and hands.
- 6. Paint Joseph beard Cocoa Bean; let dry. Paint Joseph head wrap Chartreuse and garment Turf Green. Paint Mary's hair Brown Sugar, veil Sky Blue, and gown Blue Bird. Let dry. Paint Baby Jesus hair Brown Sugar.
- 7. Paint straw School Bus, adding brush strokes of straw on floor.
- 8. For grass on side of barn, paint mixture of Turf Green and School Bus. Let all dry.
- 9. Use black permanent pen to outline window, people, clothes, manger, straw, and grasses. Add facial details and lines in hair and beard. Draw lines on barn.
- 10. Dot Cotton Ball in sky to simulate stars. Let dry.
- 11. Referring to photo as guide, break two cinnamon sticks into 6" lengths for roof and adhere to barn. Adhere 10" cinnamon stick at base of barn. Break two cinnamon sticks into 3" pieces and adhere onto barn sides.
- 12. Cut star shape from yellow cardstock; adhere to peak of roof. Add lines to star and dots of paint to top of Mary and Jesus for halos using metallic writer. Let dry. Tie jute ends in knots; adhere to back of plaque for hanging. Let dry overnight.