Country Cottage Flowerpot
The Stencilled Garden
size: 8" tall
- Clay pot and saucer, 8” tall
- Wooden ball knobs, 1-1/4”, four
- Americana Acrylic Paints: Wisteria; Violet Haze; French Vanilla; Hauser Light Green; Plantation Pine; Marigold; Black (DecoArt)
- AquaGard Varnish (Roma International)
- AquaBond white primer (Roma International)
- Paintbrushes: Majestic Glaze Wash, Series R4700, 1” (Royal & Langnickel); Stencil Brushes*: 1/2”, three; 3/8”, four
- Embossing Tool*
- Rosie Posies stencil* (#SG167)
- E6000 Industrial-Strength Adhesive (Eclectic Products)
- *Products by The Stencilled Garden
- 1. Clean and dry clay pot and saucer. Apply printer to pot, saucer, and ball knobs; let dry.
- 2. Basecoat base section of pot and ball knobs French Vanilla, and rim and saucer Violet Haze. Let dry.
- 3. Stencil base section flowers Violet Haze, shade Violet Haze; leaves Hauser Light Green, shade Plantation Pine. Stencil flowers on rim French Vanilla, shade Marigold; leaves Hauser Light Green, shade Plantation Pine. Stencil bees French Vanilla, shade Marigold; stripes Black.
- 4. Use large end of embossing tool to apply raised "La De Da Dots" as follows: Violet Haze on ball knobs and rim flower centers; French Vanilla on base flower centers; Black around flowers.
- 5. Let paint dry several days. Apply at least two coats varnish. Glue ball knobs to bottom of saucer.
- 1. Use this stenciled flowerpot as a gift basket and fill with gourmet treats or gardening supplies.
- 2. For more stencil design ideas, visit stencilledgarden.com.