Delta Creative, Inc.
- Assorted STYROFOAM Balls (Dow)
- Assorted brown and blue buttons
- Large wooden bowl or tall glass vase
- Ceramcoat Acrylic Paints: Spa Blue; Brown Iron Oxide; Black (Delta Creative)
- American Painter Oval Wash paintbrush, 1” (Loew-Cornell)
- Sobo Glue (Delta Creative)
- Straight pins
- Cotton-tip swabs
- Button Balls
- 1. Mix equal parts Brown Iron Oxide with Black; basecoat two STYROFOAM balls. Let dry.
- 2. Glue larger button to ball; secure with straight pin. Continue adding different-sized buttons to fill in blank spaces in same way. Let dry overnight.
- 3. Remove pins.
- Twine Balls
- 1. Cover 2" circle on STYROFOAM ball with glue. Use cotton-tip swab to spread glue as needed.
- 2. Fold end of twine over and secure in place in middle of circle with straight pin.
- 3. Wind twine around ball tightly so there are no gaps or spaces. Cover ball with glue and keep wrapping with twine until entire ball is covered.
- 4. Apply one coat of water-thinned Spa Blue or Brown Iron Oxide to balls, leaving some unpainted.
- 1. Arrange balls in bowl or stack them in a tall vase and add remaining buttons.
- 1. Try different color combinations to create centerpieces for every season.