Classic Polka Dot Flowerpot
size: 6" tall
- Clay pot, 6” tall
- Acrylic paints: black, light blue
- Matte varnish
- Brown satin ribbon, 3/8”, 12” length
- Prym Dritz Boutique D-Rings, 1-1/2”
- Circle or polka dot background stencil
- Paintbrushes: flat, ¾”; stencil, ¾”
- Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive
- Painter’s tape
- 1. Basecoat pot black.
- 2. Tape off 1/4"-wide stripe around rim. Paint stripe light blue; remove tape.
- 3. Use chalk and photo as guide to mark placement of dots.
- 4. Cut smallest circle stencil. Apply stencil over a chalk mark. Stencil circle light blue. Remove stencil. Stencil remaining circles.
- 5. Apply varnish.
- 6. For handles, cut two 6" ribbon lengths. Thread D-ring through center of one ribbon. Fold ribbon in half; adhere ends together to secure ring. Adhere ribbon to inside of pot. Repeat for other handle.