Baby Stepstool & Card
sizes: stool, 10"x10-1/2"x10-1/2"; card, 3"x3"
- Interior Accents yellow stool (Jo-Ann Essentials)
- Cardstock: yellow; dark blue (Bazzill Basics Paper)
- Mara Mi patterned: Baby (Paper Salon)
- White rickrack (Self-Addressed)
- Yellow buttons, four (Die Cuts With A View)
- Stamps: baby clothesline (#1021-G); giraffe with balloon (#1020-F); rattle (#1010-D) (Paper Salon)
- FolkArt® Acrylic Colors: Purple Lilac (Plaid®).
- Mod Podge® decoupagé medium (Plaid®).
- Patricia Nimocks™ Clear Acrylics Matte Sealer (Plaid®).
- Periwinkle ink pad (Paper Salon™).
- Marvy® punches: small corner rounder; circle, 2” (Uchida).
- Adhesives: Gem-Tac™; Fabri-Tac™ (Beacon Adhesives).
- 1. Use Purple Lilac paint to stamp rattle at four corners and baby clothesline centered on each edge of stool top; let dry.
- 2. Measure area inside stamped images on stool top; cut patterned paper to size. Round corners and ink edges. Follow manufacturer's instructions on Mod Podge to adhere to stool top.
- 3. Follow manufacturer's instructions to apply light coat of clear acrylic spray to stool top; let dry. Apply second coat; let dry.
- 4. Measure and cut rickrack to fit inside edges of paper square; use fabric glue to adhere. Tie rickrack through buttons; adhere to corners of rickrack square.
- 1. Cut 3"x6" piece from yellow cardstock; score and fold in half. Round corners. Cut 2-3/4"x2-3/4" piece from patterned paper; round corners and adhere to card front.
- 2. Stamp giraffe with balloon image on yellow cardstock; punch circle around image. Ink edges and mat on dark blue cardstock. Adhere centered on card front.
- 3. Tie rickrack bow; adhere to top edge of card front.
- 1. Use several light coats, rather than one thick coat of acrylic spray for a clear, matte finish.
- 2. When gluing buttons to stool, hold in place for a few minutes until glue dries to make sure they don't move out of place.
- 3. When stamping with paint, practice on scraps to determine how much paint to use.