Raised Leaf Panel Wall Décor
The Dow Chemical Co. and Krylon
An object of art made from an old window frame and STYROFOAM? Amaze yourself at how easy this technique is - design a variety perfect for each season!
- Six-pane wooden window frame, 29-1/2”x30-1/2"
- Dow STRYOFOAM Brand Foam Sheets, 1” thick, 12”x36”, four
- Krylon: Make It Stone! Decorative Paint, Travertine Tan; Indoor/Outdoor Spray Paint, Khaki; Primer
- Floracraft Styro Cutter
- Wood putty and putty knife
- Adhesives: 3M Spray Adhesive for Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam, duct tape
- sandpaper, soft cloth, ruler, pencil
Pattern - Raised Leaf Panel
- 1. When using spray paints, work in well-ventilated area.
- 1. Remove glass window panes; sand frame. Wipe clean with soft cloth. Fill uneven areas of frame with wood putty. Follow manufacturer's instructions to apply primer.
- 2. Measure window openings; cut six foam rectangles to fit openings. Print and cut out patterns. Transfer patterns to remaining foam sheets; use foam cutter to cut out.
- 3. Spray frame with three coats of Khaki; let dry. Adhere leaves to foam rectangles. Spray leaf panels with two coats of Travertine Tan; let dry.
- 4. Tape backside of leaf panels to window pane openings.