Melt Art Snowflakes
Melt Art Snowflakes
- Ampersand Art Supply Stampbord Squares, 2”x2”
- Metal eyelets
- Natural jute twine
- Ranger Melt Art: Melting Pot, Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel (UTEE), Turquoise Heat It Ink, Snow Flurries Texture Treads
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Paints: Salty Ocean, Broken China
- Ranger Turquoise Perfect Pearls
- Dylusions Ink Sprays: Vibrant Turquoise, London Blue
- Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists: Verdigris, Patina
- We R Memory Keepers Crop O Dile
- Ranger Inkssentials: Non-Stick Craft Sheet, Heat it Craft Tool
- Small craft-dedicated rubber spatula
- scissors, pencil, clay blade, craft stick, spray bottle, paper towels, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Squeeze and spread Salty Ocean and Broken China paints onto craft sheet into strips; do not blend colors together. Mist lightly with water. Pounce squares face down onto misted colors randomly to create marbled effect. Spread and mist more paint if necessary. Dry using heat tool.
- 2. For sprayed backgrounds, spray light layers of London Blue, then Vibrant Turquoise on squares. Lightly spray Verdigris, then Patina until pleased with colors, finishing with light coat of Patina.
- 3. Plug in Melting Pot and fill with generous amount of UTEE; set dial for UTEE and cover. Once melted, add a few drops of Turquoise Heat It Ink; stir with spatula.
- 4. Place turquoise squares on craft sheet. Carefully pour colored UTEE over half of first square, immediately press texture plate into UTEE, and hold one minute. Repeat for other squares. Let cool.
- 5. Use finger to rub Turquoise Perfect Pearls over raised surfaces on squares.
- 6. Punch holes on center top of squares using Crop O Dile; set eyelet.
- 7. Apply Salty Ocean and Broken China paints on jute twine; let dry. Thread 8" jute length through hole on each square; knot ends together.
- 1. Experiment with color palettes in iridescent silver and gold tones for a classic, elegant look.