Faux Mercury Glass Mirror
Transform an old picture frame into your very own "antique" holiday décor mirror.
- Frame with glass insert, 10”x14”
- American Crafts Crate Paper Bundled Up Collection: Winter patterned paper, Ephemera Cardstock Die-cuts
- WorldWin Vellum
- May Arts Red Twill/Chevron Ribbon (382-34-14), 3/4”, 1 yd.
- Xyron Adhesives: 3” Sticker Maker, 5” Creative Station with Permanent/Laminate Cartridge, High Tack Double-Sided Tape, 9” Creative Station, High Tack Adhesive Dots
- Krylon Looking Glass Mirror-Like Spray Paint
- EK Success Martha Stewart Crafts Sterling Glitter
- scissors, vinegar, spray bottle, paper towels, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Using photo frame die-cut as pattern, cut same-size panel from paper. Apply adhesive to back side of photo frame die-cut using Xyron 3" Sticker Maker; adhere paper to die-cut. Adhere tree, boy and snowman using Xyron 3" Sticker Maker. Adhere sledding girl to banner using Xyron Double-Sided Tape. Adhere banner to die cut collage.
- 2. Run entire die cut collage through Xyron 5" Creative Station to apply laminate to back side and adhesive to front. Trim with scissors.
- 3. Freehand cut hills from vellum. Apply adhesive using Xyron 9" Creative Station. Sprinkle with glitter; burnish to paper with finger. Run glittered hills back through Creative Station to apply adhesive on top of glitter.
- 4. Adhere die cut collage to glass panel first, followed by glitter hills. (Note: The layers seem backward because they are on back side of glass. The top layer is adhered first.)
- 5. Combine 1 part vinegar with 2 parts water in small spray bottle. Over covered work surface, lightly mist back of glass, over collage and hills, to create antique-looking blemishes. Spray paint over spritzed glass. Allow to dry for one minute, then use paper towel to blot water-marked areas. Repeat 1-2 times. (Note: Laminating the die cut collage keeps paint from seeping through during this step.)
- 6. When dry, place glass back in frame. Tie ribbon into large bow; adhere with Xyron Adhesive Dots. Use additional Xyron Adhesive Dots to add dimension to bow tails. Trim as desired.
- 1. Xyron's top adhesive film can be used to clean up any extra glitter that may have spilled in your work area.